3 days ago
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
What is UP WITH EVERYONE going PRIVATE?
ok this is a question to everyone who is going private........WHY???? Kellie said because she watched Oprah which to me is not a good enough reason sometimes I question that women (meaning Oprah NOT kellie....) but I would like to know why so many of you are going private......maybe I don't even want to know because then I might have to go private but I don't want to so I don't think I will. Anyhow I would like some comments on this regarding why, that would be deeply apperciated:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
I don't understand it either! I hate when I click on somebody's profile and it is private!
My life is an open book baby. Read it and weep! ;)
I think some people get paranoid (I do at times) that blog stalkers (and I don't mean blog stalkers like me and you, like evil men stalkers) might get info on your lives through your blogs and pictures of your kids, etc... But I watched Oprah yesterday and it didn't have anyting to do with Blogs. It was about child sex abusers, which I'm not :) and what those scumbags put on the internet. So I wouldn't change my blog to private just because of Oprah. I might change mine back to private (it was at one time) because I have my last name in my blod address (which I wish I hadn't put). Does this make any sense. Anyways, glad I got to see you for a little bit Saturday morning! You're so cute. Love ya!
The reason I'm doing it with our family blog is because we have pictures of our kids on there, and we talk about more personal family-related issues, and I don't like the idea of just anyone having access to that. Family and friends, even acquaintances, is fine, but I don't want weird strangers looking at pictures of my kids.
Amen, Layne! It's all about weirdos looking at the pictures! Pedophiles freak me out and I don't want to subject my innocent kids to their creepiness! I have had several hits in different countries from the same people. And maybe they are normal and nice...but I don't want to take my chances!! Maybe you'll understand one day when you have kids. My blog, however, is for family and friends...not the world. Love your new pics!
Well, I do have kids and I still don't like private blogs. I have a sitemeter on my blog and I haven't seen any stalker like activity. Plus you can make your blog unsearchable as far as google is concerned. I don't think that the whole world is trying to look at family blogs, they could really care less if your kid has soccer practice, trust me, I have done the research and pedophiles are not interested in blogs, they have other sites that they frequent (I will not mention what they are, but you could guess) mainly the people who look at the blogs are friends and family anyway and if I went private it would be hard for everyone I want to, to see it. They have to have a google log in and blah blah. Anyway, don't mean to rant! lol Just my two cents. :)
you all seem to have very good points......but I do agree w/allison. although I don't have kids its just me so i'm not to worried about it. I just hate having to log in to others private blogs...actually I don't log into private blogs.
Post a Comment